Church Mouse Players|
Oxford, Nova Scotia
Church Mouse Players:
Our next Dinner Theatre is planned for the spring of 2019,
so please get in touch if you wish to "Get Involved".
If you wish to get tickets for the next event see our Contact Us web page for more information.
What are the benefits of being involved in a fun and
energetic drama group like the Church Mouse Players. :>)|
A good drama group is one which has the people with the perfect blend of
skills, characters and personalities. Many people think that because they are
not experienced actors or technicians, they do not have the skills necessary
to volunteer with the Church Mouse Players. This is not true! We can use loads
of help in a variety of departmental duties and we can always use more people
who are willing to apply and develop their differing range of skills.
The Church Mouse Players is always looking for new talent and resource people
for the various departments both up front and behind the scenes. The
departments include: Drama / Acting | Costumes | Set Design |
Lights / Sound | Promotions | and Dining Room. Whether it be on the stage,
behind the scenes or even in the audience, there may be a spot where we can
use your God-given talents. Somewhere that you can truly build upon your
skills and let your light shine.
Here are some of the areas within the Church Mouse Players that may be able to use your help:
- Publicity /Marketing - helping get the word out to the community of our
up and coming productions and what we are all about
- Education - mentoring, networking, project coordination
- Mini Theater Projects - helping other community groups with their productions
- Storage - Facilities and Properties - helping to categorize and care for
Church Mouse Players properties and costumes and cooperate with initiatives
to build new and/or better performance resources
- Dining Room - decorating, set up, meet and greet, customer polling
- Technical - backstage, lights, sound and special effects
- Resource Inventory Coordination - help manage such things as a volunteer
database/pool, set/prop resources and/or contact mail listings
You also might consider learning more about working with the CMP in
more specialized areas. In the future we may provide mentoring opportunties
in selected areas. Here you may learn skills such as:
- Lighting/Sound Design and Special Effects
- Play Production / Directing
- Stage Management
- Acting / Talent Search
- Set Design / Prop Acquisition
- Costuming / Makeup Techniques
The Benefits of Volunteering
For the Volunteer
The reasons for volunteering are as varied as the individuals - whatever your
reason, volunteerism can be truly rewarding for both the giver and the
recipient - it creates a win/win situation, enriching one's own life while
working to benefit others.
|Some motivations for volunteering are ...|
|To work for social change
||To express personal gratitude
||To build self esteem|
|To improve your community and to make a difference
||To expand your knowledge and share expertise
||To explore and gain resume & career related experiences|
|To demonstrate caring for others
||To be a responsible citizen
||To experience new challenges|
|To use Friendship Evangelism to establish and strengthen relationships
||To have some fun as part of maintaining a balanced lifestyle
||To develop a sense of ownership for your personal learning|
|To give back to your community
||To enrich and give new meaning to life
||To have a good time in a safe & caring environment|
|Skill Building Opportunities such as ...|
|To enhance teamwork skills
||To learn new marketable skills
||To develop mentor and leadership skills|
|To work with groups (running effective meetings, learning delegation
skills, public relations,)
||To learn and practice leadership skills (delegating, communicating,
time and stress management, goal setting)
||To improve interpersonal skills (communication, conflict management, adapting to
Benefits of Participation
For our Commmunity
- To provide opportunity to celebrate success and promotes collaboration.
- To gain an appreciation of what it means to be a part of the Oxford and area community.
- To have the potential to understand and experience true joy in todays world.
- To stimulate christian involvement in the community & promote local heroes/personalities.
- To generate excitement about learning and serving while building on creativity, curiosity & initiative.
- To sponsor projects which have value in our community beyond the drama group.
- To provide excellent opportunities for sharing authentic learning experiences.
- To promote networking contacts and friendships within our community.
- To provide opportunities to see what other community mentors are doing.
- To present our God-given talents in an open, supportive, fun and inviting way to the community.
- To promote enriched partnerships with business and other community organizations.
- To create opportunities to work with fellow Christians and community in a friendly and fun context.
Drama is an excellent creative outlet to let the world
see what wonderful gifts and talents God has given you. It can be a way to
build a person`s confidence and self esteem as they recognize their potential.
It is also a great method of sharing and learning new skills, as well as
identifying and building on your existing skill sets.
CMP Check List
Church Mouse Players
Waving the Flag
Hello out there?
Have We ...
Sounds Good, eh? .......
Wanna Volunteer and "Get Involved"?
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
or you can contact our Church Mouse Players
Drama Director, Kendall Mills at (902) 447-3469
Church Mouse Players - Oxford, Nova Scotia © 2005 | Website Design by